Perth First Home Owners Grant 2017
• The first home owners grant has been increased in 2017 from $10,000 to $15,000.
• Contracts signed between the 1st of January 2017 and the 31st of December 2017 will be eligible for the additional $5000.
• The first home owners grant is fully funded by the West Australian government and is administrated by the office of state revenue.
• The FHOG is not means tested and there is no income or asset test.
• The current First Home Owner Grant applies to new residential dwellings only and does not apply to established homes.
Boost Payment Information
Eligible first home buyers who enter into a contract between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2017 to purchase or construct a new home, and owner builders who commence laying foundations of their home between those dates, will receive a boost of $5,000 in addition to the $10,000 FHOG.
For a contract to build a home, construction must commence within 26 weeks of entering into a building contract and be completed within 18 months after construction commences. For owner builders, construction must be completed by 30 June 2019. The purchase of a new home ‘off-the-plan’ will only be eligible if construction is completed by 30 June 2019.